Here is a newsflash for us. We are not going to get them all on our email list, nor are we going to be able to keep them all. It doesn’t matter how good we are. Sometimes the email box is just too full and people go on an unsubscribing frenzy. We simply become the casualty of cleaning. So what do we do about it?
1. Don’t take it personally. Just because they don’t want our email it does not mean that they don’t want us, our service or any contact at all. It just means that for whatever reason they are not wanting our emails right now.
2. If we are getting a high rate of “unsubscribes” then it may be a good idea to check if we are adding real value to our content? Are we sending out too many emails? Go through a check list and see if there are improvements that can be made. At Loyal2U we are always available to help you assess your marketing needs. A free consultation can be arranged so don’t wait to call us. 403-818-6467
3. Always list other ways of staying in contact on your website. Use links to your blog, web feed, Facebook and Twitter. Keep your brand out there so people will see you again and be reminded to use you again.
4. Add a note on how to change your email address into the footer on outgoing emails. Some of your subscribers are just changing email addresses so they need a step-by-step process and a reminder to opt-in once again.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask why they are leaving. An optional feedback field can be implemented on the page that people reach when they unsubscribe. You might even be encouraged with the comments that are left behind.